Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh said on Thursday that the reserved list to be released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) after the results of the civil service examination was announced is a regular process and not a waiting list. He said that the system of issuing reserve list was introduced in 2003.
Singh said, the reserved list is not a waiting list. This is a regular process. Jitendra Singh said, a writ petition was filed in the Supreme Court in the past questioning this arrangement. The apex court upheld it in a 2010 judgment. He said in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha that after the completion of the examination process, the Commission considers the total vacancies in all categories while announcing the results of the Civil Services Examination (CCE) and recommending candidates for various services.
He said this was also followed in the case of Civil Services Examination 2019. The results of this examination were declared on August 4 last year, in which 829 candidates were declared successful. It is to be noted that the minister was asked whether it is true that the results of the Civil Services Examination, 2019 were released twice. Also, other questions were also raised.