Healthy Liver: Eat These Foods To Keep Your Liver Healthy!: Along with all the organs in our body, the liver also plays an important role. If there is any problem with the liver, the health deteriorates further. Especially to keep the liver healthy.
Along with all the organs in our body, the liver also plays an important role. If there is any problem with the liver, the health deteriorates further. In particular, many precautions should be taken to keep the liver healthy. Nutrition should be taken accordingly. The liver plays a major role in breaking down the carbohydrates in the food we eat to make glucose. Similarly, the liver stores nutrients and produce bile. When the liver is healthy, it digests the food we eat in the right order and allows the nutrients in it to flow into the blood. If the liver in our body does not work properly, many digestive problems arise. Hence, keeping the liver healthy depends on the foods we consume. A malfunctioning liver can lead to digestive problems as well as type 2 diabetes. In this order, let’s know what kind of food items and drinks should be taken for better liver function.
- Garlic: Garlic is a key ingredient in Indian cuisine. It has many medicinal properties. Adding garlic as a part of our diet keeps our liver healthy. Garlic has a lot of antibacterial properties. It protects the liver from harmful bacteria.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a frequent part of our diet, which provides our body with a high amount of fiber. In addition to high fiber, oatmeal is rich in compounds called beta-glucans. These compounds greatly assist the liver in speeding up digestion. It has been proven in many studies that it helps in dissolving fats stored in the liver.
- Fish: Fish is very useful for liver health. Fish, the especially salmon, are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These are good fats that are useful in reducing inflammation in our stomach. Similarly, they play a vital role in dissolving the bad cholesterol accumulated in our bodies. Fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Experts say that eating this very healthy salmon at least twice a week can reap amazing benefits.
- Coffee: Coffee is one of the drinks that everyone drinks when they wake up in the morning. Drinking coffee regularly every day can improve our health. Experts say that drinking coffee every day can reduce the effects of chronic liver disease. Drinking coffee not only reduces the accumulation of fat in the liver but also helps in increasing protective antioxidants in the liver.
- Eggs: Eggs contain high amounts of sulfur compounds, methylation elements, and glutathione, proteins, vitamins, and omega fatty acids. Eggs contain antioxidants called carotenoids that protect the liver from damage.
- Grapes: Grapes are very good for our bodies. Grapes play a vital role in preventing liver damage in the body. Grapes, grape juice, and seeds are rich in antioxidants. These are useful in keeping the liver cells healthy.
- Green Tea: Green tea is very useful in reducing the risk of liver cancer. Green tea is rich in antioxidants which help in maintaining liver health.
- Berries: Most of the different types of berries like blueberries, cranberries, and strawberries are rich in antioxidants called polyphenols which protect the liver from harm and damage. According to a study, eating these berries every day improves immunity in our bodies.
- Nuts: Nuts are generally rich in unsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, and antioxidants. It reduces inflammation in our body and also reduces oxidative stress. Eating small amounts of nuts like walnuts and almonds every day can help maintain liver health. The important thing is that nuts are high in calories and can lead to excessive body weight gain if consumed in large quantities.
- Olive Oil: Eating foods high in fat is not good for the liver. According to a study, experts informed that taking olive oil as part of our diet reduces oxidative stress and improves liver function. This is due to the high content of unsaturated fatty acids in the oils.
Do not take any food items
Highly processed foods, and packaged snacks like chips, and nuts are also high in fats, so it is better to consume less of these foods as much as possible, experts say. Also, excessive intake of food items like bread, pasta, and cakes can cause liver damage. It is better to consume less salt in your daily diet. Those who consume a lot of salt may face liver problems and high blood pressure. Many problems arise during periods for people who drink a lot of alcohol. Similarly, liver function gradually decreases in those who drink alcohol. Sometimes there may also be risks of getting cancer.
Signs of liver damage
There are many signs of liver damage. If symptoms such as vomiting, loss of appetite, fatigue, diarrhea, jaundice, constant weight loss, itching in the body, fluid formation in the abdomen, etc. appear, it is better to consult a doctor immediately. These are the first signs of liver damage. Medical experts say that if there is any doubt, it is better to undergo medical tests.
(Note: The contents are for informational purposes only. It is given as per the advice and instructions of health professionals. If you have any doubts consult the doctors)