The daily reported cases of corona virus in the country have seen a boom again in the last few days. Many kinds of restrictions are also being imposed. In such a situation, the question is beginning to be whether or not there will be any major impact on flights services in the coming days. Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has responded to this on Saturday. He has said that there are no plans to cut flight services amid the second wave of the Corona virus epidemic. However, the plan to resume all services has been put on hold since April 1 due to the sharp increase.

Union Minister Hardeep Puri told ANI, “There is no intention to cut (flight services). Domestic flights were halted in March last year, after which they were resumed on 25 May. We continued to roll out the remaining services as well. Our intention was to start the whole 100 percent from April 1. At present 80% of the services are operational. We are not starting 100 percent because of the second wave of Kovid. ”

Puri said that for those passengers who are not following the Corona Protocols during the investigation of the second wave of infection, we have instructed the airport authorities to blacklist them. “I have told the airports and airlines companies that those who do not follow passenger masks or social distancing measures should be put on the no flyer list,” he said.

What did Puri say about the privatization of Air India?
Commenting on the privatization of state-run airline Air India, Hardeep Puri said that the process is likely to be completed by the end of May. “In a meeting on Monday, it was decided that the government would close the financial bids within 64 days,” he said. There were several bidders in it and some have been shortlisted. ”He further added that other public sector undertakings (PSUs) like Pawan Hans disinvestment are also in the process. He said that the airline is still in debt of 60 thousand crores.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here