What’s happening viral: A photo is going viral on social media. In the photo, a Sikh is lying on the road and policemen are seen hitting him with his feet. Sardar’s turban on the road has also come off his head.
It is being claimed that the policemen’s aggression has also been seen in the violence during the Kisan Tractor Parade.
And what is the truth?
- To find out the truth of the viral photo, we reverse-searched this photo on Google. In the search result, we found this photo along with the news on the website of Daily Mail .
- According to the website, this photo is from 2013, when some people of the Sikh community surrounded the residence of the then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- There was also a protest against the government for the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar, accused of the 1984 Sikh riots.
- This photo was published by the website on 5 May 2013 along with the news.
- It is clear that the claim being made on social media is fake. The viral photo is not of violence but of May 2013 during the Kisan tractor parade.