The process of resolving the border dispute between India and China is going on at a very fast pace. The withdrawal of forces from the northern and southern end of the Pangong Lake area near LAC has been completed. Army sources confirmed this late Wednesday evening. However, the process of verification is now going on from both sides, which will be completed within the next two days.
Army sources said that the forces from the northern and southern parts of the lake have now fully withdrawn. The Chinese Army has reached Finger-8 while the Indian Army has moved to Finger-3. The process of retreat of the forces started from 10 February last, which has been completed rapidly. The army had hoped to complete the process by the end of the week. Earlier on Wednesday, satellite images released by Max Technology also showed the northern area of Pengong Lake completely empty. These pictures were taken on Tuesday.
On Tuesday, the Chinese army had withdrawn by Finger Five. However, there is a full withdrawal of forces from Pengong on Wednesday. There, now the forces have almost reached the pre-May position. The withdrawal of the forces through drones and satellites has also been confirmed by both the countries. A day earlier, the army released several videos and photos, in which the Chinese army is seen breaking the structures it has built. Some photos are also of return.
After armies from the Pangong Lake area, the army is now working on a strategy to end the confrontation with three other locations – Depsang, Gogra and Hot Spring and complete withdrawal and patrolling of the forces. Army sources said that the tenth round of talks between the military commanders of the two countries may be held later this month, in which these locations will be the subject of discussion.