About 1.66 crore children studying in government elementary schools of Bihar will be promoted in the next class this year without annual examination. The state education department has taken this decision in view of the long-term school closure and children’s careers due to the Corona crisis. Chief Secretary Sanjay Kumar said, ‘To make up for the loss in studies, we have decided to hold our three-month catch-up class. In these classes, students will be taught basic and necessary topics so that they do not face any problem while studying for the next class course. These classes will greatly benefit those students who could not participate in online classes due to lack of TV, internet and smartphones. These classes are expected to start in mid-March.

Meanwhile, the education department has started preparing to conduct 13.17 lakh children registered in class 9 between February 26 and March 3.

Bihar board officials said, ‘We have asked all the district education officers to get all the OMR sheets by February 24. Practical examinations will be held from March 4.

The schools are open for classes 6 to 8 in the state from February 8 after 10 and a half months. Primary schools across the state (class 1 to five) are still closed.

It may be noted that due to corona crisis, the annual examination could not be conducted in the academic session 2019-20 also and the children of all classes except class X, XII were instructed to be promoted to the next class. In view of Corona’s increasing transition, the state government had ordered the closure of all educational institutions in the state on 13 March 2020. The children were promoted to the next class but could not start their studies. After several months the books could be uploaded on the text book corporation’s site. However, by conducting classes on Doordarshan, the Education Department and the Bihar Education Project Council tried to keep the children connected with education.

Last year, 1.94 crore students were promoted to the next class,
due to continuing schooling due to Corona crisis in the academic session 2019-20, all the children enrolled in government schools from 10th to 1st and 11th schools without promotion to the next classes without annual examination. Was given In this regard, the department issued the order on 8 April 2020. With this decision, 1.94 crore students were promoted to the next class. These included 1.66 crore from first to eighth, 16 lakh students from 9th and around 12 lakh students from 11th.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here